Vehicles with poor traction can have a significant, negative impact on winter I-70 travel, resulting in accidents and closures. The I-70 Coalition has partnered with McGee Company, the Colorado AutoSock distributor, to provide the AutoSock traction device to I-70 retailers at the wholesale price. The AutoSock is an easy to use textile tire cover designed to help vehicles get traction on snow and ice. Download the media release here.
You can find the AutoSock at retail outlets throughout the I-70 corridor, including:
- Shop N Save, 2293 N. Frontage Rd, West Vail Exit, Vail
- Conoco, Exit 195, Copper Mountain
- NAPA Auto Parts, 845 N Summit Blvd, Exit 203, Frisco
- Ski Country Shell, 1125 N Summit Blvd, Exit 203, Frisco
Utopia Tire, 720 10 Mile Dr, Exit 204, Frisco
- Mountain Tool and Feed, Central City Parkway Exit, Idaho Springs
- Evergreen Mountain Sports, 6949 Highway 73, Exit 252, Evergreen
Businesses on the I-70 corridor that are willing to stock this product can purchase AutoSocks at the wholesale price, and will receive favorable terms. This program is not intended for the end user/consumer. Interested businesses can email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Making these effective traction devices more readily available throughout the I-70 mountain corridor will hopefully result in better-equipped I-70 travelers and a reduction in spun-out vehicles this winter season!