CHANGE YOUR PEAK TIME
Summertime traffic on eastbound I-70 can be nearly as gridlocked as wintertime, so the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) and the I-70 Coalition are continuing the popular Change Your Peak Time reminders, incentives and deals through Labor Day.
With beautiful weather and the mountains calling us to play, nearly every weekend in June, July and August sees I-70 clogged with cars all trying to head to or leave the mountains at the same time. That’s why CDOT and the I-70 Coalition joined together to encourage motorists to Change Your Peak Time by extending their fun in the mountains instead of sitting in traffic. Take advantage of Peak Time Deals and skip the peak time traffic between 1 and 7 p.m. on weekends.
Change Your Peak Time shares deals and incentives as well as general tips for ways to skip the mountain return rush in the afternoon on weekends and holidays. Travelers are encouraged to download the CDOT Mobile app to receive the most up-to-date and accurate travel information. If you want your traffic information by text, email, web or phone, all of CDOT's real time information resources are listed here.
Are you dreading the downhill traffic?
PRESS PLAY at the end of your mountain adventure...
- Have a slice of pizza or some wings
- Watch the sunset from the trailhead
- Soak in a hot tub
- Check out some local shops or art galleries
- Catch a movie before hitting the road
- Listening to your kids whine
- Getting tired of the same bumper sticker
- Searching for a good song on the radio
- Squirming for 20 minutes until the next exit because you successfully hydrated all day