The GoI70 map is a fully searchable Google-based map that will allow you to explore the places you want to visit, search for a destination and map a trip with driving directions. Most of the controls you are used to on a Google map display will work here – along with many others we have added. There are a variety of ways to search for traffic conditions, weather, things to do, anything you can think of really. If it looks interesting click on it. See where GoI70 takes you.
Here are some tips for using the map:
Tip 1: Anytime you want you can return to the original map view by clicking the “Reset” button in the upper right of the map.
Tip 2: If the map gets all cluttered with information, click “Clear.” All the location pointers, storm fronts and search directions will disappear and you can start your exploration afresh.
Here are a few ways to get started:
1. Double click on any spot on the map and the map will zoom in at that spot. Double click again and zoom in further. Once you are in close, try out the Satellite and Terrain views in the upper right corner of the map.
2. Enter your starting and ending destinations in the white boxes just above the Control Panel and click Go! this will take you to the Trip Planning panel and show you your driving route. Just below the driving directions are current speeds from the Colorado Department of Transportation broken down by trip segment. You can even select a future travel date and see if there was a congestion delay last week or on the corresponding travel day the year before.
3. Go to the Interactive Map feature on the control panel on the right. Go to Things to Do and check Ski areas, lodging, food or any of the other things to do. The map will display locations for those activities. Zoom in on your area of interest and more icons will appear. The map will display nearby sites and text descriptions of these places appear lower down on the panel. Click on the icon to bring up an information balloon.
4. In the Traffic section of the Interactive Map you can see current speeds form two different sources – CDOT & Google – graphically represented. The various buttons allow you to turn on and off traffic cams, construction alerts and see user recent messages located on the map.
5. Enter a search query in the Google search box at the lower left of the map.
6. Check out the Ski Report and the Weather.